Farmers raise concerns about new labor rules affecting their families’ work
Winter tends to be the season of meetings for the agriculture community. It also is the time of year that legislative agendas are in full swing. Each state has a different legislative schedule. In Illinois, we are at the beginning of the spring session, which keeps me knee-deep in mind-numbing reading material.
One of my loyal blog readers reminded me that I have been quite quiet lately. It is true that my blogging activity has been low due to a heavy meeting agenda, but I will never be silent.
As I was traveling for work, a thoughtful blogger and fellow passionate agriculturalists nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I am truly honored. Thank you Nebraska Wheatie and please visit her blog. She shares a unique part of ag-working hard alongside her husband.
1. Thank and link the person(s) nominating you.
2. List and pass the nomination on to 15 of your favorite bloggers.
3. Tell us 7 little juicy tidbits about yourself.
4. Copy this picture to your blog.
15 Deserving Blogs
2. Tech Chef
3. Oregon Green
10. Crystal Cattle
12. Ray-Lin Dairy
15. The Beef Jar
7 Tidbits about Me
1. I would spend every day at a cattle show if I financially could afford it.
2. Big Cities are not so bad as long as I can just visit and never have to live there.
3. I cannot handle complete silence
4. I hate Chalk- I do not like the texture
5. I choose to remodel the barn before remodeling my kitchen.
6. I rather clean manure from cattle stalls then clean my house.
7. I know that nothing in my life would be possible without God.