A bushel of wheat yields 42 one-and-a-half pound commercial loaves of white bread OR about 90 one-pound loaves of whole wheat bread. There is approximately 16 ounces of flour in a one-and-a-half pound loaf of bread.
A bushel of wheat also makes…
- 42 lbs of pasta or 210 servings of spaghetti
- 42 lbs of white flour or 60 lbs of whole wheat flour
- 45 24-ounce boxes of wheat flake cereal
Other Wheat Fact
- One bushel of wheat contains approximately one million individual kernels.
- Wheat is grown in 24 states. Kansas leads the states for producing the most wheat with North Dakota being a close second.
- One bushel of Wheat = 60lbs and One acre of wheat produces 2400lbs
Learn more about growing Wheat