Tag Archives: chicken
Agfact Day #28
Each of the roughly 280 million laying birds in the U.S. produces from 250 to 300 eggs a year. In total, the U.S. produces about 75 billion eggs a year, about 10% of the world supply.
- Consumers purchase 60% of the U.S. eggs, Food Industry 9%, and the remainder are used for egg products
- Modern Henhouses have computers turning on and off the light. Lightening controls the egg laying.
- Eggs are laid between 7 and 11 a.m.
- It takes a Hen 24 hours to produce an egg.
- Brown and White Eggs have the same nutritional value
- Egg yolks are used in shampoos and conditioners and, sometimes, soaps.